I have an inexperienced "care taker".

CallieAndToby

One of my parents is supposedly my "caretaker" and it's terrible. They absolutely ruined any chance of me sleeping last night. This person was giving me an iv for saline because I was going to seize, missed the vein first try and then proceeded to have a meltdown and 30 minute tantrem and I told them "compose yourself, I am lying here composed, get yourself together." They blame it on other family members who are not proactive and have no health problems. All of my energy is for my dogs because they're about 13-14 years old. Then I spend large amounts of energy doing research, answering phone calls, making phone calls, filling out papers, appointments, finding doctors. This person told me they would take care of something on their day off and then put it on me last night at 9 pm as I'm relaxing for bed and now it's my duty and I went into flight or fight and didn't sleep because there are certain things I have OCD about and they promised to "take care of it". I just don't understand why it's hard to logically conclude that asking me questions that visibly make me anxious is at a bad idea at 9 pm right before bed or starting laundry at 9 pm when I'm trying to sleep and it's really loud especially to the noise sensitive is a bad idea!? I just needed to vent. If this isn't appropriate it can be removed. However, I think a lot of patients with chronic illness will understand what I'm explaining. Edit: I'm calmer now but I think she doesn't know how to handle stress and said she told me because of stress and I think she needs help as a human being trying to juggle a lot of things at once. I guess I get frustrated because I'm so sick and she seems to take out her stress and frustration around me or on me and it's too much for me. Without getting into too much detail I also think she needs her own therapy but her work is long and hard and involves being on call. 

• CallieAndToby changed the title to I have an inexperienced "care taker".