Modafinil use with POTS experiences please

I’ve had POTS for years, but not as severe as the last 8 months. At the start of last year I was on Modafinil (Provigil) for serious concentration issues (brain fog/ADHD ?), and it did help a lot. But I seemed to need to increase the dose every 2 weeks to get the same effect, until I had to come off it because it stopped working completely after 3 months. I didn’t notice any negative effects on the POTS, though I also didn’t have the level of symptoms I have these days. I haven’t been able to tolerate any other ADHD meds without increased tachycardia, so I’m desperate to make the Modafinil workable for as long as possible. 

Also, I’m curious if anyone found their POTS symptoms other than brain fog/fatigue changed in any way?

Is there anyone who has used Modafinil that will share their experiences? I appreciate the help, but please don’t write about other meds used for ADHD you’ve found useful- I’ve been down that road enough for now. Thanks 😊 

Hi @Elizaangelica I don't have ADHD but I have I used Modafinil in the past when I was misdiagnosed as having ME/CFS - I know now that POTS was always the cause of my symptoms.  I used it to help with terrible fatigue and brainfog and it did help me to have enough energy to start a gradual exercise programme (I was more or less bedbound at the time - I now am housebound but rarely stuck in bed!).  Like you I found the effects waned over time - after about 6 months I stopped taking it as it no longer had much effect.