Dr Gupta - York cardiology

cmep37

Has anyone seen him?  In person or just through a web consultation?  If so what did you think of him?  Was he worth the money?

I have had POTS symptoms since I was a teenager (I'm 42 now) but was undiagnosed until 4 years ago.  My POTS is severe, my average HR after 5 minutes standing is low 140's.  I have seen several cardiologists in my area and have tried all the usual drugs - Fludrocortisone, Midodrine, Propranolol and Ivabradine without success.  I am currently not on any meds and just increasing fluids, salt, wearing compression tights and doing as much exercise as I can manage.  The cardiologists in my area (I live in Northern Ireland and there aren't many to choose from) have said there is nothing more they can do for me but I have seen Dr Gupta's videos on Mestinon and other more experimental drugs. The cardiologists I have seen have refused to let me try them on the basis there are no studies proving their efficacy and I wonder if it is worth paying for a consultation to see if Dr Gupta thinks I might benefit from them.  I also have a couple of weird issues which no consultant I have seen has been able to help with - I retch and vomit every time my HR gets to around 140 (the gastro thinks it's because of vagus nerve stimulation but all he could do was prescribe Ondansetron an anti-sickness drug which only helps a little).  I also have developed bradycardia in the evenings (usual resting HR is low 60s, it starts to drop around 7pm and by 10pm my HR is low 40s) which I am really struggling with.    

Will Dr Gupta look at test results - I have a recent Holter monitor showing my bradycardia.  Also how does it work with your NHS GP - will they prescribe drugs he recommends or would I have to pay for a private prescription as well?  Thanks in advance.