Moving

:D Due to my LTD insurance cutting me off last year we have had no income. Well, except for the $50 a week my hubbie gets for preaching. He has a hearing later this month for his SSDI and my hearing isn't even scheduled yet. LTD - well, my lawyer has now filed a second appeal. Our landlord - who has been very gracious - has offered us a house he can't sell or rent. It is a fixer-upper. He is going to sell it to us for $15,000 and we can make small payments until we get back pay on our disability. We are so blessed to have friends among the church people who can do the work for us and have needed materials stashed here and there. But I get so aggravated at our disability system that has put us in this situation of having to move. I feel so bad about needing so much help for the simplest things - not to mention what the stress of moving is doing to me. Thank God for Xanax! But last night I was in such pain, and so hyperstimulated that after 2 Vicodin and .5 Xanax I was still wide awake and hurting. I didn't sleep more than 2 hours all night. Thanks for listening to my rant - but at least there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! If you visit my website you can see the house.

http://gayla.greatnurse.net/

:D I know first hand about the frustration of waiting for ssdi (it took me 16 months) but I have to say that your struggle isnt in vain. You have to realize how many people get to see first hand the blessings the Lord is giving you by your christian friends and family. I try to think of it as this...if my struggle can somehow open peoples eyes to the graciousness of my Lord and show them that material things arent the only "treasures we have" then it's worth it! I wouldnt have made it either without help from friends and family but I did.I have a real issue with being the one who recieves the help instead of giving it but I get my chances to return the favor. I'm happy for you and your new home!! Try to enjoy it and forget the turmoil that led up to it! :rolleyes:

Dawg Tired. What a beautiful website and what gorgeous pictures. You guys are so talented in taking the pictures, putting up the website, writing captions, etc. I haven't the foggiest idea how you all do that stuff. When I asked my computer programmer husband how you all make up the websites and put them out there, he just said, "you figure it out". Well, I guess I don't have the mind to "figure it out". I certainly hope you and your husband soon get what you are asking for from SSDI. It is such a discouraging process. Best wishes to you both.