Mestinon withdrawal - bad symptoms

Hi all,

Recently I've been trying out Mestinon.  I am very sensitive to meds, and experienced some side effects so it took me 5 weeks to go up to 50mg per day. From 40mg upwards the side effects became too much so I quit - cold turkey, as my doctor had advised. Later I learned many people wean it off which given my sensitivity and strong reaction would probably have been a better idea.

Anyways, shortly after quitting I experienced increased dizziness, which was bearable. However, after about 4 days since quitting I started getting sudden anxiety/adrenaline rushes during the night, waking up with extremely high HR, etc. I normally never have these without a specific reason.

I'm now at 8 days since quitting and every day the rushes have been becoming worse. I'm afraid that it will lead to multiple day adrenaline rushes with panic attacks and a completely messed up ANS, which I've experienced before and led to significant worsening of all symptoms.

Do other people have experience with stopping Mestinon? Did it cause symptoms? Did you wean off or quit cold turkey? How long did it take for the stopping symptoms to wear off? I'm getting a bit afraid that it has caused a permanent change...

I'm now considering taking a small dose of 10/20mg per day to potentially stop the adrenaline rushes in its way and soften the cold turkey effect. I would then wean it off slowly. At this small dose I didn't experience side effects previously.   Has anyone else done this?

Thanks a lot for your help!