SSDI Attorney

Guest Julia59

Guest Julia59

Hello folks,

I need some wise advice. I'm not so sure how I should go about the process of letting go of my attorney.

I have to see the new one tomorrow----and I still have not fired the current attorney. I have to have an attorney that BELIEVES in MY CASE.

I can no longer go on feeling this bad physically----and deal with an attorney the thinks I "LOOK GOOD"----and at the same time tell me she doesn't see any "smoking gun" meaning she thinks the medical documentation is weak----BUT DOES NOTHING ABOUT IT, NOR DOES SHE SUGGEST WHAT I CAN DO TO CHANGE THAT----------OR HOW SHE CAN CHANGE IT. She has the file from SSDI, so I assume she should would be the one to know what to do.

If she knows something, she sure isn't telling me-----and I suppose that would be her fault.

I NEED AN ACTIVE LAWYER!

I've written the dismissal letter already. Should I wait to mail it until after I see the new attorney? She will be the second attorney I fire. The first was a drunk----and this one doesn't support my case.

Julie :0)

hi julie-

i don't have a lot to add other than to affirm the fact that you need to be comfortable with whoever is representing you....since he/she is being paid to represent you.

how did your appt with the new atty go today?

:-)melissa

Guest Julia59

Thanks Ernie & Melissa---------------------- B)

The new attorney was really cool, and it turns out he knows Dr. Grubb personally. He is familiar with Dysautonomia/POTS, and willing to take my case. I was up front with him and told him I was firing my attorney. He said that I need to let her go first, and then he could discuss my case with me.

He could not say one word of advice---nothing, not until my present attorney gets notice she is being dismissed from my case. My appointment will be August 16th. He is a very good attorney with a lot of experience with SSDI cases----Tons of experience.

My present attorney is getting closer to retirement. I have heard this from more then one person, so my thought is that she just doesn't have her whole heart into this case. It's going to take a good attorney that knows dysautonomia----and how disabling it can be. This attorney spent over two hours with me, and he explained all the facts that I need to know. He explained how the SSDI system works, and why most people don't get it on the first couple of tries. Very interesting---and discouraging at the same time.

Julie :0)

julie-

so glad to hear that you seem to have found someone who will really be your advocate. and while i'm sure it was a bit frustrating to have the barrier of not being able to talk about specifics, it actually speaks volumes about this guy's professionalism, which can't hurt anything. i'm glad you were still able to get a lot of good info/understanding from him though during your meeting.

sounds overall like a step in the right direction...

congrats,

:-)melissa