Pregabalin/Lyrica - Experiences?

bombsh3ll

Having exhausted most of the traditional options I am currently looking into the possibility of pregabalin (Lyrica). The combination of dampening down overactive sympathetic tone, pain relief, insomnia treatment plus the possible bonus side effect of fluid retention sounds extremely appealing as a POTS drug. I also came across some positive research into its use in the context of dysautonomia due to Guillain-Barre syndrome in controlling adrenergic storms and labile BP. 

Has anyone with POTS/OI tried this drug and how did you find it?

B x

Guest KiminOrlando

I have hypoPOTS. It didn't help my POTS at all and I gained weight so fast I would wear clothes, wash them, then put them on again, but they wouldn't fit. It was like they weren't ever my clothes. It was only a two week span. I gained 30 pounds in 3 months. It was shocking. The same thing happened to my aunt. It wasn't all fluid weight either. It took years and bad gastroparesis to lose the weight. Keep a careful watch on this drug.

Kim

On 9/17/2018 at 3:26 AM, KiminOrlando said:

It didn't help my POTS at all and I gained weight so fast

Thanks for the info, I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out for you Kim. I am possibly more hyperadrenergic but hopeful that it might be the ticket. I lost a lot of weight rapidly when I developed POTS & struggle to eat enough and keep my weight up, also lost a lot of muscle since becoming so sedentary  but wouldn't want to blow up like a balloon without any benefit. I'll give it a go when I can get some hopefully in the next few weeks and report back either way, in case it is of interest to anyone else.

B x