B1-Deficiency & POTS

From "The Journal of Neurological Research"

It found that 25% of those with low B-1 who were treated saw "significant improvement" in their POTS symptoms.  It also mentions that Vit D, Iron, & B-12 are often low in those with POTS & should be treated.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01616412.2017.1331895?tokenDomain=eprints&tokenAccess=4y3WQzFvEfGJXJYDINDM&forwardService=showFullText&doi=10.1080%2F01616412.2017.1331895&doi=10.1080%2F01616412.2017.1331895&journalCode=yner20

Four years ago, when I was first diagnosed with POTS, B1 made a huge difference in my treatment. I went to a naturopathic doctor who ran several tests for various vitamins/minerals (NutrEval and one other, forget what it was). My B1 levels came back as being nearly nonexistent on the tests she ran. However, the tests my regular PCP ran through a standard lab showed my B1 levels to be normal. Regardless, I tried a low dose B1 supplement and the first day I took it I actually got relief from the almost non-stop adrenaline surges I'd had for the past year. I slept amazingly well. I continued on a steady incline of improvement after that, although I will say that the amount of B1 I needed for maintenance was a really low dose. If I took too much, I'd actually get a worsening of symptoms, too much vasodilation, etc. Sometimes I'd even have to skip days. However, once I figured out a schedule and amount that worked, I felt much better.

The naturopathic doctor I saw said it was her opinion that there is often an underlying cause for B1 deficiency - like mold exposure, which I also tested positive for - so I also treated for that, as well. 

Unfortunately, I went off all of my supplements late last year as I was feeling so much better, and a few months ago flared really badly. I've tried to go back on the B1, but this time it doesn't seem to be helping. Instead, it just makes me worse. It's probably time to test again and figure out whether I have vitamin deficiencies that are new or have changed.