Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors (pyridostigmine/Mestinon)

p8d

Has anyone tried any different acetylcholinesterase inhibitors other than Mestinon? I'm thinking the ones used to treat Alzheimer's.  I tried pyridostigmine, it was the first drug my neurologist gave me, but it caused severe diarrhea.  Has anyone had that side effect wear off and then became able to tolerate it?  I'd like to try something in this class that maybe doesn't have such GI effects.  I had the same reaction to midodrine.  Thanks!

I was just doing some reading on pyridostigmine/Mestinon.   I think my youngest daughter might have Lambert Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome (LEMS) and they use that medicine sometimes to treat it.  However, I don't think she would be able to take it because there seems to be the general consensus that it is hard on the GI tract, already has problems with that.  I'm not sure it's LEMS, but it's something like it if it's not.  With LEMS, as opposed to Myasthenia Gravis, you develop Dysautonomia.  I don't have any experience with it, but am curious what you find out!