Symptomatic while laying down and sitting. Any Experiences?

SammyJo

I have already been diagnosed with POTS. Never had problems laying down when I felt bad etc. I've had it ~5 years and recently laying down at night to sleep has been really scaring me. My bp gets low of course, ex: 80/44 pulse 55. I start to feel like I can't really breath in a way? And slow shallow breaths. I have to get up and walk around the house for almost an hour to get my bp up and lay back down to sleep. I wake up in the AM with it super low again and feel like a was hit by a truck. I am afraid I will stop breathing or something in my sleep... waiting on a dr appt to bring it up and discuss. I feel like pots is all about the standing symptoms no one has ever meantioned laying down and sitting symptoms... 

Has anyone else experienced this?  Were you told it is dangerous?

This is one of my biggest problems and it has always been ignored by doctors. I've been as low as 70/45 at 3am... feeling too bad to sleep. When I get up, I'm very wobbly, and I don't find that walking around helps... nothing really does. Air hunger goes with low blood pressure or tachycardia for me. My heart pounds worse the lower MGM pressure is and there is no sleeping through that.

i don't think I have POTS but some other kind of dysautonomia. This seems to be nocturnal hypotension, but although it is a huge deal to me, quality of life wise, it just doesn't seem to be important to anyone else.

I am currently at MAYO, and the Dr said diastolic( bottom number) pressure doesn't matter unless you are older(70's). And that it would be better with salt intake etc etc.  It is very scary and I can't help but feeling like I'm going to stop breathing in my sleep or something. Wish they paid more attention to it instead of acting like it's nbd.