Dysautonomia and Herbal/Drug Sensitivity--HELP NEEDED

I was diagnosed with a nervous system imbalance called Dysautonomia in 2005. At the time my main problem (and the only symptom I really noticed) was a SEVERE sensitivity to the effects of ALL drugs and herbs. I do NOT mean an allergic reaction.  Instead, it was that I experienced the ENORMOUSLY exaggerated effects of whatever herb or medicine it was, even by consuming the smallest amount!!!! And it was not in my head. It was never a sensitivity to foods or anything else. Only medicinal things. 

Move forward a couple years: I noticed that the sensitivity to drugs and herbs was temporarily gone whenever I would take Ashwagandha extract daily (which has SOME effect on acetylcholine receptor activity) and as long as I took it daily, it made my sensitivity go away completely. 

Move forward another couple years:  At some point, something I took CDP Choline (also known as Citicoline) or Choline Bitartrate and they left me PERMANENTLY UNAFFECTED by herbs/drugs and permanently disabled me with the worst chronic fatigue of my life.  As a matter of fact, some drugs and herbs even have the opposite effects than intended now, and I can barely move I'm so fatigued.  No supplements, herbs, or drugs seem to have the intended effects, and I cannot reverse the effect back to how things were.  Has anyone experienced anything like this?  The only thing I could have possibly combined with the CDP-Choline or Choline Bitartrate is Kava and/or Ashwagandha.  Does anyone have any experience with how you restore sensitivities once cholinergics took them away?   Please help.

I do not have any insight or advice but wanted to say that I too developed extreme reactions to medications I previously tolerated after my autonomic issues began.

I hope you can get some answers. What have your doctors suggested?

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2017 at 8:24 PM, angelloz said:

I do not have any insight or advice but wanted to say that I too developed extreme reactions to medications I previously tolerated after my autonomic issues began.

I hope you can get some answers. What have your doctors suggested?

angelloz, My doctor(s) can't figure it out. Any idea what you took or what caused your sensitivities?  What may have triggered your autonomic issues?

My issues began in 2010. I had a tetanus vaccine, was going through menopause, ended up having a gall bladder removal which I think was unnecessary and made things worse. Perhaps a combination of all these things???? I had a weight loss of 30 lbs ...and I was just a normal weight before. I think this may be part of my sensitivities to medications. I also  always have elevated tryptase levels but things I have tried for mast cell issues don't seem to help. I wish I had some answers for you. I keep searching.