Sick Sinus Syndrome

Don

Hi all.  I had a sleep study a few nights ago and I had a low bradycardia mean of 37bpm.  It held steady all night long.  My mom and my wife are nurses and encouraged me to follow up with my PCP.  I made an appointment and saw them this morning.  I described symptoms of bradycardia in the evening with the lowest I've seen at 36bpm.  The highest I've seen is 193bpm.  My wife works on a telemetry/cardiac floor.  This morning, my doctor mentioned potential sick sinus syndrome and referred me to an Electrophysiologist for an EP exam.  Anybody had one of these?  The Dr. said I may need a pacemaker to regulate my heart beat.  Thoughts?  

P.S. I get all my specialty care at Mayo in Jacksonville where I live.  I'm trying to see cardiology there but am kinda having to battle my insurance as they are trying to send me somewhere else.  Mayo is helping me and trying to get the authorization approved.  I really want to go back there.  They have all my records and I don't have to repeat tests, and exams.  I also don't have to retell my story over and over of why I'm there!