Calf and thigh pain

I have noticed in the last 3 or 4 months that during my menstrual cycle my calf and/or thigh ache. It kind of feels like a charlie horse. It feels like someone is twisting the muscle all the time and lasts for days. It is tight and achy but nothing seems to relieve it. Any one else experience this or have ideas?

This is just a thought -- I wonder if you increased your fluid intake during your cycle if this would make a difference with the calf pain? I wonder if it has something to blood pooling. The toll a menstrual cycle takes on a POTSie has for sure been discussed on the forum before. You could do a search above. Here is a good article written by Dr. Santa Maria, a doctor who specializes in POTS/dysautonomia http://www.santamariamedicine.com/2013/04/10/p-o-t-s-periods-postural-orthostatic-tachycardia-patients-menstrual-cycles/ 

Maybe compression socks would help?  Or, possibly ask your doctor if you could start an OTC magnesium supplement during this time,  maybe the extra boost in magnesium could help the cramping feeling? A few months back I told my pharmacist I was having spasms in my leg,  he told me to buy a bar of plain ivory soap and place it under my feet at night. I'd never heard of that before!   I sure hope you find something that relieves your discomfort. Have you tried a heating pad, or having someone rub the area?

I have endometriosis so during my period I get pain in my back, hips, pelvic area, and I'm not sure if this is related to that, or one of my other conditions, but I experience a lot of bone pain during my cycle.  And if that isn't enough, I also usually get a flair up of my other conditions.  My doctor said there is evidence that Endometriosis shares characteristics of being an autoimmune disease but there is no connection that proves this yet, but it makes sense to me that when the endo flairs it could cause an immune response and aggravate my other autoimmune conditions and cause increased symptoms. 

My normal day to day aches and pains since I was a teenager have been bone pain. And I would welcome that at this point. The muscle pain really sucks. I will try to increase my fluid intake and see if that helps. I assume losing blood when you are a potsie is gonna wreak havok, this is just such an odd pain. Thank you for your suggestions. I am sorry you have endometriosis.  My sister in law has/had it and it was always awful on her.

I'm sorry your experiencing so much pain, it definitely adds another layer to this already complicated puzzle. I always wonder -- is there something additional wrong with me, or do I just attribute the problem to my autonomic nervous system not working properly?

Some members have gone on BC and set up the pills so they'll actually skip their period.  I haven't been able to take BC for years because of my high bp issues. And, unfortunately that's a treatment for endometriosis also. I was supposed to have surgery a few months back, but I've put it off as I've had kidney stone surgeries during this time.  My surgeon told me I had calcium deposits in my pelvic area. Whatever that means. I see my gyn in August so I will have the reports forwarded. 

I think we all need a vacation, lol.

I doubt bc would make me skip my period. I was the lucky less than 5% that had my period all 5 years I had the mirena iud. I did the depo for about a year then had my tubes tied. Besides that is another medication that I do not want. I am one of those people that hate meds and I only take the bare minumum I can get away with.