Newly diagnosed, one lab abnormality

Guest KiminOrlando

I had it. It ended with dysautonomia and Rheumatoid Arthritis. It started by calling it Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease, then became Lupus, then RA. I think they technically call it Mixed Connective Tissue Disease now since Lupus joined the party, but RA is prevalent. 

It doesn't mean that it will turn out that way for you. A Rheumatologist is a good next move. They will run more tests and see what shows. Several of us also have autoimmune diseases. There are studies on this. All I can say is that they are trying to figure out why this is common.

Let us know if you have any questions. You have years of experience here at your disposal. I know it can be a little scary.

Kim 

Welcome to the forum! Good luck at your upcoming appointment with the rheumatologist. I had this also, and ended up diagnosed with autoimmune conditions. Like Kim mentioned, many POTS patients have underlining autoimmune disorders. Hopefully they can identify yours so that you can begin treating the underlining condition and will notice improvement in your POTS symptoms.