Bystolic and Prozac

KDUB

Hello again,

Has anyone had any luck on Bystolic and/or Prozac? I'm unsure still as to why I have POTS, the docs are working on that. But has anyone had any good responses to Bystolic and/or Prozac? What are the side effects? Also does anyone notice that the symptoms return when the meds wear off at night? Also, as POTS patients what can we do for palpitations???!!! So agravating! Thanks!

KDUB

I know I've seen quite a few on here who have had luck on SSRIs. I had tried Prozac once and it was not right for me; I felt weirdly disconnected and out of it, even after I waited for a couple of weeks to give it a chance. However, I am now on a low dose of Zoloft, and that has been much better.  I don't have the unwanted side effects, but it REALLY helps with the anxiety issues (since I'm hyper POTS) and I have hardly had any panic attacks since I've started.  Not sure why one was better than the other for me.

I also take beta blockers, so the two combined seem to be working, though my dosage is low at night, so I definitely have more tachycardia then. 

Not sure how to help the palpitations!