Bisoprolol Trial

sean82

So after being diagnosed with POTS last week, I have been put on a small dose (2.5 mg) of Bisoprolol. I feel like my orthostatic intolerance is slightly better because my heart has slowed down.

However, I am more dizzy than before like im on a boat that is really rocking and I feel more spaced out and foggy. Also, the drug has done nothing to help fatigue and can't tell if my fatigue is slightly better or worse because I just feel different than before.

My question is would it be beneficial to hop ship now n trial another drug or should I stick with it. So far, I am not feeling better. Doctor Barboi near Chicago was a very good doctor and he of course says it might take a few trials to find something that hopefully works. 

Any insight would be appreciated because I have never been on any pharmaceuticals and anytime I have it feels like I have a very low tolerance..Thanks and I will try to be patient but I am working from home and need to get back to work. I was pushing myself before but I am done with that.

Thanks,

Sean

I haven't tried this drug myself. Did the doctor say it would take a certain amount of time to see a positive response? If your dizzy feeling is a side effect it may stop after you adjust to the medication. Thought I would chime in, but since my onset of autonomic issues I have become extremely sensitive to medications. Good luck. Maybe someone else on the forum has experience with this medication.

A lot of variables go into that, just as angelloz stated, it may take time for you body to adjust.  Talk directly to your doc and tell them your concerns.  I believe society in general views physicians as having all of the answers, so many people don't engage as much as they should in an actual two-way conversation with them.  Just say straight up, you're considering stopping because of the way it makes you feel.  They won't know how you feel or what the med is doing unless you have one of those honest conversations with them.

Give it a bit longer and see how you feel. I haven't tried this drug yet, but sometimes there may be a little shuffling around of meds until you find one that helps. I've been on Propranolol and Now Ivabradine. I wouldn't say that I have improved on either, so I'll see what the doctor suggests next month when I see him.