Body temp fluctuations and illness

rje11

I have diabetic autonomic neuropathy and my body temperature fluctuates easily and quickly.  There are two family members with the flu right now.  If I get it, should I expect my temperature to go up (like it normally would with the flu) or is it likely to fluctuate like it normally does (from 96 to 100)? I have had the flu shot so I hope to avoid catching it, but I am not feeling great so was just wondering what to expect IF I get it.

Thanks

Rje

I always have very low body temp--96 at best.  Sometimes i can be very ill and not have a fever and then doctors think I'm not that ill but cultures come back positive.  However, i have also had times where I get a fever and then I actually feel somewhat happy that my body responded normally and is trying to fight it off.  Last year I got the flu and had a fever for 9 days and was off work for 15.  Crazy long time.  How are you feeling?  Were you spared from getting the flu?

• 3 weeks later...

Imagine everyone is different. For me my temp runs a little low and when I get sick it goes down instead of up. On occasion 95.5 ish. I was told if it goes below 95 to let my Dr. know - otherwise not to worry too much. Hope the flu shot keeps ya safe! =) The last thing you need is a round of that!!