Oxygen Saturation Levels Low

rje11

I have been diagnosed with diabetic autonomic neuropathy at Mayo Clinic. Does anyone with DAN have problems with nighttime oxygen levels being low? My pulse oximeter reports are showing levels under 88% for more than two hours a night... Any one else?

Rje

Have you been evaluated for sleep apnea?? You have an oxymeter so do you have a lung problem or just one of your toys for healthy monitoring??

Where are you affected most by the DAN?? Any O2 saturation below 92% consistently is a major concern and more so i it is less than 90. Please let a doctor know about this number-sleeping or not-its not something to put off.

Debbie

I also have generalized dystonia that affects my respiratory muscles, so two doctors recommended I get a pulse oximeter to see how my O2 levels are doing during the dystonia flare ups. Turns out they are OK during the flare ups but go way down at night. I have had two sleep tests over the years - first one showed significant sleep apnea, second one was better (2012). I have a doc appt on Thursday, so will take the reports to him... I know they can be accurate within 2 points, so maybe it's not as bad as it looks?! ;-) I pretty much failed all of the autonomic tests at Mayo - the Autonomic Reflex Test, the Valsalva, the tile table, and pulmonary tests, so I guess I will be seeing some more docs here pretty soon. Just wondering if they treat that with nighttime oxygen or a CPAP machine...

Thanks!
rje

When I had basic sleep apnea I had a C-PAP to force air past the obstruction; but it may be equally good for you to have some O2 too. They can now do home Sleep studies and will it you then and test the equipment then in one visit-which is nice

Debbie

Please let me know how it goes?

While I was at my son's wedding in Nov. I shared a room with my sister and she commented on my snoring again...no one to hear it usually, so I too need a new study-((((sigh))))

Debbie