Pots And Emotional.

Faye

Hello,

I have not been confirmed with Pots but my cardiologist suspects this and going to do some testing to confirm. Based on researching the Internet, it seems I have many of the same symptoms. In the meantime I was hoping to find a place to share and maybe get feedback on how I am feeling or what others maybe have noticed or tried.

Recently I am finding that my emotions are running a little off. I find I become easily frustrated and angry and then want to cry over things that I would normally would not. I wondered if anyone has found that they encountered this type of thing...

I know that everything will work out and it might be a trail and error to find what helps with the high heart rate,dizziness,headaches, and being tired...I realize my symptoms may be mild compared to others...I just know that my life in the moment and the normal things I do are a challenge, I just woke up one day and everything turned upside down...

Just really wondered if these emotions were something other POTS members encountered

Thanks for your time

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us!

I also experienced what you are describing at times as well when I had severe and undiagnosed POTS. It's hard to know if it is caused by the condition or if that is just simply a natural response to the frustration and the unknowns. I did find it helpful to learn some breathing and meditation exercises. For many of us this condition requires us to slow down and take one day, sometimes one minute, at a time, for awhile. Most people do improve with correct diagnosis and treatment!

thank you for your quick response. It may be bothering me on a level I am not connecting with, but I do know I am very frustrated by not being able to do things i normally do....right now yoga and I are not friends but I will try the meditation aspect and see if that can cool me being down. Great idea....so use to the all or nothing....may have to transition into a new mind set with different expectations for a while.

Since for me POTS has completely affected how much I am able to do physically on a daily basis compared to when I was healthy there is an amount of frustration that comes with such a radical change, and I think feeling this way is pretty normal. However I have notice that since my POTS symptoms got worse I do have certain days where its like I'm just super irritable from the get go without any real reason for it, or other times when my anxiety just seems amped up. And whenever I get a cold now it seems to cause me to have strong mood swings at times. I relate these feelings more to my body being wacky rather than there being a specific psychological trigger or reason for it.

• 4 months later...

You have described my feelings exactly!! I've had an incredibly frustrating time trying to regulate my emotions. The instability has increased since my symptoms have increased. I get angry and frustrated for minimal things (totally out of proportion to the circumstance) and cry about absolutely everything! It's embarrassing and emotionally exhausting. What did you find out about this, if anything?