Labile Blood Pressure

rje11

I have what my docs call labile blood pressure. Today it went from 183/115 (and a few times the diastolic went over 120) down to 108/70. During the night it drops into the 80's/50's and sometimes lower, so it is difficult to treat. Does this fit in with any type of dysautonomia?

Thanks

Rje

I have what is also called a labile blood pressure. It can be anywhere from 80s/40s to 200/110. I have been tried on numerous b/p meds over the years but am now on just 0.05mg Clonidine at bedtime because it's not possible to treat the high end of my b/p without ending up with hypotensive episodes and risk passing out or just too much tiredness from the medication. I had an apt with one of my local docs on Friday and my b/p was 177/105. He just rolls his eyes. Although I am concerned I have just had to accept this issue. My pots type is neuropathic with a hyperadrenergic component. As you can see I have other diagnoses as well.

Yeah, my internal med doc is frustrated and told me we will just have to treat the highs as needed, on top of the four meds I already take for the blood pressure. I think my nighttime lowest one was 60's/30's but it is usually 70's and 80's/50's during the night. My oxygen sats are low, too, but I'm not sure how low they go. I just ordered a pulse oximeter with software so I can see what is going on. I have just a regular one and I know the sats go into the high 80's, but that is when I am awake. I am curious to see what is going on when I sleep. The last sleep study I had showed my apnea had improved but that was two years ago.

I guess I need to finish my profile and list all of the stuff I have going on. That is pretty depressing, though, so I will put it off for a while longer. ;-)

Thanks!
Rje

I take Coreg 40 mg, once a day, Lisinopril 10 mg, once a day, Losartan 50 mg once a day (and an extra one during the day if my systolic stays over 160), and Adalat ER 30 mg twice a day. I am not able to take a diuretic, as it throws my electrolyte balance all out whack.

I also take a ton of other meds for various medical issues, so there is no telling what interactions I may be getting...

Thanks

rje