Svt Dx Post Pots Dx Also Hypermobile

Bigskyfam

I have had SVT for 10 years. Mine was diagnosed prior to my POTS diagnosis. Docs used beta blockers to treat the SVT and I had very few episodes. Maybe a handful in a 10 year period. The beta blockers in combination with learning the valsalva maneuver were successful in treating my SVT symptoms. Ablation was discussed with me, but I avoided it because the SVT was not that disruptive. I did read somewhere that POTS patients don't fare well with ablative surgery. If I can find it I will post it on this thread. How high did your heart rate go with the SVT?

I have been off all beta blockers since my POTS diagnosis in July of this year and haven't had an SVT episode yet. Hopefully I won't.

8 seconds of 195 bpm... I've read ablation as a no go for pots. Glad to know my monitor is catching something... I've been awoken to 150 bpm and had an episode sitting at work 80 to 150... 150 for 15 min. Brought down by blowing through a straw and ice packs. Got iv fluids afterwards too.

I'm glad to hear of your success thusfar minus the bb :)