One Appendage Vs Another

Bigskyfam

I just had to have a venous ultrasound (Doppler) of the lower extremities to rule out blood clots for same thing bigsky, except mine can match up but also one side can be much colder than the other. I'm talking reddish, purple, freezing, numb, pins and needles, swollen feet at times, worse when I'm on them but ca happen even when they're elevated. Anyway, the Doppler was negative for clots thank goodness. However, my neuro was adamant I get the test right away because the blood pooling puts me at a bigger risk for clots.

I see him on Sept 11th for Botox and a follow up, so ill know more about what we're doing next. I know you've gone through so much, but if you haven't had the Doppler maybe you could ask your cardio to look into it. Hang in there

Sarah

Thanks guys... I've often wondered if we have stretchy veins blood pooling does it put us in a higher category for clots. One of the many reasons I'm hesitant about birth control pills for gyn purpose I'm over 35. I had an us once when I had leg pain in the shower that was normal but none that correlate with these episodes. But yes ice cold extremity. The np I saw yesterday asked me about injury surgery etc which made me think of rsd...no breaks or trauma per se but gyn surgery with a retroverted uterus close to all those nerves.hmmmmm