Doctors In Tn

RustyAnn

Please remove this thread if this isn't allowed here. I've read over the physician list on the website but also want to hear personal experiences. I'm really seeking information about doctors in Tennessee who understand POTS and will actually try to work with you to find solutions to help you personally, and don't treat you like a one size fits all case. Understanding of connective tissue disorders would be very helpful too. Right now, I'd prefer to hear about doctors outside of the Vanderbilt system- but if you have personal experience with a doctor you can really recommend, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Hi RustyAnn!

Members are allowed to share doctor's experiences, however, due to liability issues, if you had a bad experience with a doctor/hospital while naming them, that is all you can say. There's always the pm feature to share any info you'd like! I've copied and pasted the particular rule re this here for everyone:

Doctors and Hospitals

You agree to refrain from making disparaging remarks about hospitals or medical professionals on this forum and to refrain from naming doctors or hospitals when elaborating on negative experiences.

Clarifications: It is fine to make a general statement, such as "I had a negative experience with Dr. ____ ," however, per forum rules, statements naming a particular doctor or hospital cannot be defamatory in nature.

Defamatory: "1. Harmful and often (but not necessarily) untrue; tending to discredit or malign."

You may elaborate on negative doctor or hospital visits as long as the particular doctor or hospital is not named, and therefore not defamed.