Finally , After A Heck Of A Few Weeks 3 Hospitalizations ( Question About Bladder)

I feel like I actually be close to to maybe not having a complete diagnosis/s (since it seems complex) but at least close enough that we can get a better treatment plan. I had my appendix taken out a few weeks ago, despite going in for weakness, testing positive for rectal bleeding but in turn they found inflamed appendix during cat scan (still haven't dealt with lower gi bleed). Spent week in hospital , released day before neurologist appointment. Major decline from the close to 2 hour drive each way to neuro's. Ended up spending a week at the local hospital and getting a round of IGG and being realeased just in time for yet another appointment at Neuro just to get admitted at the hospital there since I wasn't responding to the IGG yet. Ended up loosing function of bladder while at hospital.. Tested Positive for SSA and I already am positive for small fiber neuropathy which when I was diagnosed with it 2 years ago was told it was probably idopathic and would probably just cause sensory issue's in hands and feet. WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG major issue's in legs and whole body and everything else. I go for autonomic testing soon . Doc thinks it's an auto immune causing the small neuropathy which in turn is causing the dysautonomia .

Anyone here deal with loss of bladder function (bladder totally holds onto urine and loss of feeling the need to urinate). And if so did it ever come back??

Thanks in advance

I had this problem after my C-section. I had severe POTS (undiagnosed) during pregnancy and post-partum. My guess is that the problem was a combination of the effect of surgery and having POTS--my doctor said it was likely due to not moving enough in the weeks after the C-section (I was mainly home and even bed bound). I remember the urologist said it was a problem typically seen in 70+ women who are inactive due to illness, not in someone my age.

It took months (and I eventually saw urologist who diagnosed the problem and prescribed a med that prevented infection but I can't remember what it was). I did eventually get normal function back.

Hi! I had a very similar situation to you- I have experienced/still experience the loss of bladder function and have been diagnosed with a neurogenic bladder (about a year ago). I have some form of AAG, and currently undergo IVIG treatments. If you want to talk more, feel free to message me.

Best of luck with everything and my thoughts are with you!!