Able To Pedal

This week has been so exciting for this momma bear. Tyler was able to do ankle flexes wthout causing extra tremors. He was also able to use his feet to to pedal on the floor pedal exerciser. This did not cause tremors in his legs, ankles, or feet afterwards. This is major progress for him. He has not been able to pedal for over 2 1/2 years. He is excited about trying his reclined stationary bike next week.

He is doing one treatment of pex a week and I have been trying to wean him off some other medications to see if those medications were helping or hurting him. His cardiologist also wanted to know what was helping because he felt like this would provide other clues to Tyler's medical condition. I tried to wean Tyler off of the Namenda but that was a no go. His headache pain level was at a 6/10 but jumped all the way back up to a 9/10. Namenda helps regulate NMDAR receptors and this receptors release glutamate. Tyler's past neurotransmitters testing has shown high glutamate levels. High glutamate can cause headache and neurological problems.

The next medication I was told to wean him off was Zoloft. So I really did some research and was concerned about side affects of coming off this medication. Starting cutting down on this medication this week. So far so good. Our doctor is pleased but concerned. Tyler has had problems with low serotinon in the past, and high dopamine levels in the past. Hope everyone has a good weekend and stays out of the flood waters.

Yay!!! :) This is super exciting news for both you and Tyler. So happy to hear all your research and efforts on his behalf seem to be making some serious signs of progress for him. Sure hope it keeps moving in an upward trend. Thanks for sharing the good news.

How wonderful to hear that Tyler is making progress. What great news ! I hope we hear of continued improvement. Thanks for sharing Rachel.