Intermittent Numbness In Arms And Legs

For the past 10 days, I have experienced intermittent numbness in my arms,legs, hands, and feet. It started out symmetrically in both arms and feet and now it seems sporadic. I went to a neurologist who ruled out MS with two normal MRI's. I was just wondering if anyone else has had something similar? Also, my dysautonomia symptoms are doing ok besides the bouts of extreme fatigue.

I have similar. In my thighs, I would feel sharp pain...then weeks later I feel dull aches, or tingling, or sharp quick pains now in both legs. I don't know how related this is to POTS, since I was just diagnosed 3 days ago.

I had paresthesias in my arms and legs as well in the past. Seems like it got better when I started taking more B vitamins. My B vitamin level was in the normal range but very low normal. Now it's actually a little high but the numbness and tingling etc in my body has gone away for the most part.

I have positional numbness in my arms and legs. I never had any issues with this before the onset of my illness. I can only sit on the floor if my legs are straight in front of me, no kneeling or sitting cross-legged. I can't even cross my legs at the ankles. When I sleep, I have to position my arms to an almost straight position whether I'm on my back or on my side. When I read I have to hold whatever I'm reading way out in front of me so my arms aren't bent too much. When I drive I can no longer hold the top of the steering wheel. I have to hold around the bottom 1/3 of the wheel.

I have had doppler studies of my arms and legs. My legs showed significant venous insufficiency in my calves. My arms didn't show anything (however, I'm not totally confident in the skills of the tech that did my arms. My arms were completely numb by the end of the test from having to hold them over my head while laying down.)

We attribute this issue to my EDS as that causes flaccid veins. But, if you've had a sudden onset, I would definitely get it checked out with a neurologist and a cardiologist. The neuro tested my nerve function with basic tests (pin pricking, cold water, etc.), then sent me on to the cardio for the doppler which checks for flow and also blood clots.

Thanks for the responses. I have a follow up with the neuro in 3 weeks. I am also trying to see infectious disease and rheumatology. My eyes have also been extremely dry so I am wondering if this is some weird sjogren's connection but the wait for rheumatology is ridiculous around here. I will most likely see them in July unless I can get an appt sooner. My onset was very acute and I never had this symptom before except for when I was in the hospital 5 years ago after being diagnosed with autonomic neuropathy. Even then, it only lasted a day and I was pooling severely/bed ridden so I contribute it to that. This time, I am able to still walk about but the symptoms are definitely strange/scary. My vitamin D and Vitamin B levels were low normal and I was on a complex vitamin to raise them but it started an allergy which I think could of set off these symptoms. Im also having my mag,calc,and pot checked but so far 2 came back normal.

my feet are really numb..and i had a doctor poke me all over with a safety pin to check my nerves didn't bother me at all..he finally stuck himself and said yep it hurts..my husband just laughed at him..the only place i could really feel it was my face..my legs also get numb if i sit with my legs down even while riding in the car i usually have to put them up on the dash..