Has Anyone Used Namenda?

looneymom

I have been doing some reseach and I understand that is used to treat Alzheimer's Disease. It helps with memory, brain fog and other issues. It is a NMDA receptor antagonist, so it will block the brains NMDA glutamate pathways. I have been reading the benefits and side effects. My son has high glutamate brain levels. High Glutamate levels can cause some of my son's severe symptoms. Our doctor is definately thinking out of the box with the use of this medication. I was just wondering if anyone on the forum has tried this medication and how your body responded to it.

Tyler will be seeing the doctor on Friday and we will be discussing this medication. Tyler seems to be maintaining and staying well on the plasmapharisis but not seeing any major symptom improvements.However, the small changes are wonderful to see and do make a big difference. However if he has other antibodies mixed up in his condition like our doctor suspects then recovery time will longer. I found an article that explains more about D1 and D2 antibodies and treatment. I think our biggest fear is to add another medication and it makes things worse for Tyler. Our doctor is waiting on our insurance to approve some testing to check for other antibodies. We are bother wondering if Tyler could have the NMDAR antibodies. These are also mentioned in this article. Hope everyone is have a good day and staying warm. The cold air has arrived in Oklahoma.

http://svenwiklund.se/onewebmedia/Brain%202012%20anti%20DA2r.pdf

It's not easy trying to figure out this mess. Our doctor does think some other antibodies are in Tyler's system. I am wondering about the Anti-NMDAR antibodies. I will be asking for some testing to check for these. I wish that when I had taken Tyler to the hospital back in 2011 that I had read this article on Anti-NMDAR ecephalities. It is a progressive form and you can have relaspes with it. The symptoms matchTylers and the treatment is the same unless you move up to the second line of treatment because the first treatment does not get it. I sent this article to our doctor last night. Have a good day gjensen.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2826225/pdf/nihms-173684.pdf