Has Anyone Actually Seen Low Na Levels On Labs?

Heartandsoul

I am still wet behind the ears with my dx of POTS so pls excuse if topic title question seems odd.

I had been on the lowest end of NA ref range. A month ago however for NA I was 132 with ref range of 135-145

For past two weeks I've been ill with really bad uti that went to kidneys. Yesterday another blood test for the uti issue at same lab showed NA at 128 with same ref range of 135-145. So 6 points lower than last test approx 5 weeks apart.

I will discuss this with doc but just wondering what results members on this forum have had re: NA in lab results that you've seen.

And as aside has anyone seen a change following or during an infection?

Thank you,

Heartandsoul

When I was probably at my absolute sickest with POTS my Na was lower than reference. I was never given an explanation as to why. Seemed especially strange b/c at that point I was eating a high salt diet.

I would definitely feel worse if I had an infection. I also had repeat UTIs for awhile when my POTS was bad (it turned out it was b/c my bladder was not emptying well--which took months to diagnose).