Burning Hands

Jan

I have had POTS for about 15 years. I am probably 85% better than at the beginning.

I have had some odd symptoms lately and am wondering if they are POTS related.

Last month I woke up and went to the bathroom and upon returning to bed, my toe, the one next to the big one, hurt like I had broken it. Seriously hurt. While I laid there trying to think if I hit it on something, the pain went a away. This happened twice in a week and not again since.

Last night I was in a restaurant eating BBQ chicken and my lips started to BURN. I have never had this kind of a reaction to anything and the food wasn't all that spicy but I kind of thought it might have just been to spicy for me. My throat and tongue didn't burn. And my one eye lid hurt.

Than on my way home last night my right hand started to hurt. It got better but when I went to bed, it really hurt. It felt like I had scalded it in water. This lasted for a few hours. Now I have a little tingling in that hand.

Could this be a POTS blood flow kind of issue.

I REALLY don't want something else to be wrong with me. Is Peripheral Neuropathy a thing we get?

I have always, for as long as I can remember, even before POTS had kind of a numb feeling in my big toes that doctors just dismiss after they stick me with a pin to see if I have feeling.

I have peripheral neuropathy, but what I experience is different than that. At least it behaves differently, but none of us are the same. I am no help. I would want to discuss it with a good neurologist and have it thoroughly investigated.

Do you have any other health concerns?

Seven years ago neuropathy spread up my body from my toes, feet, legs, hands and arms. This was the beginning of the peripheral neuropathy and autonomic neuropathy. The POTS came with it. Many people I know of with POTS, ME, MS and EDS have it. It's common with many disorders.

I now have neuropathy all over, burning pain. I take Gabapentin and Nortriptyline for it. Lying down helps. I take supplements to help with the nerves. The pain I have gotten used to but the POTS symptoms I find harder to deal with.