Difference Between City Water And Well? Water Softener

Bigskyfam

We moved from one rental home to another thanks to flooding and mold issues. Our old place had well water and a water softener system that had salt added. Now we are on city water and I'm more symptomatic... Also working more and the weather is getting colder. So who knows the reason for the flare... But I was pondering the salt thing

Bigskyfam,

A water softener exchanges sodium for hardness ions, therefore your water would have more sodium such as the rental place had. You will have less sodium on the city water system if it is not a softened well water system . If you counted on this softened water for your sodium you will need to find another source in your consumption.

BTW I am an engineer and a licensed water treatment plant operator and have spent 41 years in the design of water treatment plants, and will retire on Sept. 30th, 2014.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me!

DADofPotsSon