New Here. Question Re Butchers Broom Etc

Hello all. I am new here.

I got a dx of POTS recently. Had a bad infection over a year ago wc triggered symptoms. I apparently have genetic pre-disposition since very close family member has POTS. Using non pharm techniques per MD and own research wc MD validates. One thing I want to try is butchers broom. I know it comes in tincture and capsule forms. Wondering if anyone has had better experience with one or the other. I want to start in teeny increments and titrate up to what my body responds to (hopefully will help but won't know til I try)

btw?.. Are we allowed to discuss name brands on this forum?

Thank you

Heartandsoul

Hi Heartandsoul, welcome to the forum! There have been some topics on butchers broom in the past, I'll try to pull a few for you. You are allowed to discuss name brands here, it's just that advertizing specific stuff can't be done.

http://forums.dinet.org/index.php?/topic/25512-butchers-broom/?hl=%20butcher#39;s broom

http://forums.dinet.org/index.php?/topic/19532-horse-chestnut-aescin-anyone-tried/?hl=+butcher#entry180052 (this last one is about horse chestnut and butcher's broom)

Hope this helps!

Early on, Butchers Broom helped me. I had wondered if it would not help others. Eventually, I started reacting to it. I react poorly to a lot of things. If your doctor is ok with you trying it, it may be worth a trial.

Gjensen

I just came back to the site and see that we must have cross posted way earlier in the day. Thank you for your input. I'm sensitive to lots of drugs. I think I do better with natural things but I never know until I try. I have to start with the teensiest tiniest amount and slowly work up. I'm hoping I won't react to the butchers broom as you did eventually. I'm sorry that it turned out to be not so good for you. I think I'm going to try the tincture so I can control the dosing more easily. I will report back about that particular part of my treatment once I get my hands on the brand I want and see how it goes.

Regards,

Heartandsoul