Metabolizer Of Medications Snip Gg Detox Profile

I'm really have a hard time figuring this out. I sent this information to our doctor, but thought that someone on the forum might know the answer to my question. My son lives with daily pain and headache. So I went back to look at his testing and found a snip that may answer why my son cannot metabolize certain pain medications. These are the Snips that caught my attention.

CYP2D6 S486T +/+, CYP2D6 100C>T +/-, CYP2D6 2850C>T +/-

I found an article from St. Jude Children's Research Hospital that explains the CYP2D6 gene but it does not mention variations of this gene. So I am still confused about this information. Could anyone shed some more light on this subject? Here is the article I found. Tyler has tried many of these medications and he cannot get any relief with pain. I am really wondering if this could be part of Tyler's problem.

http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=4d00b53d06550310VgnVCM1000001e0215acRCRD

Hi Rachel,

I don't know what those specific mutations mean but it is one of the genes tested when you have pharmacogenetic testing done by Genelex lab. You might try their websites to see if you can get info. They have sites under Genelex and YouScript. I happen to be a "rapid metabolizer" of a different but related gene which makes me clear certain meds out of my system so fast that they are rendered useless. Hope this helps.

Katie

Thanks Katie. I will check out their websites.