Peri-Menopausal Hot Flashes And Pots

tpots

I haven't been very active on this forum, but decided to come here to see if anyone else is having a similar issue. I am 49 and have been diagnosed with POTS and NCS for a couple of years. We can go back at least 24 years to when I first started having issues with syncope and back 30 years to when I first was hospitalized with issues that we believe now to have been POTS. I have lived a very full life, however. Recently I have been experiencing the typical hot flashes and night sweats that come with menopause. The past couple of weeks, however, I have been having 25 - 40 episodes a day and have also been having tingling on the top of my head (exactly like the side effects when I took Midodrine), and have been having the near syncope feeling anytime I'm standing one starts. I'm just wondering if anyone else going through peri-menopause has dealt with this and, if so, was there anything that brought you relief? Thanks in advance!

I was diagnosed with early menopause in my thirties. It was my doctor's last guess and though he didn't think it would be the case all my symptoms pointed towards em. Menopause can be diagnosed via bloodwork so if you're having trouble figuring out what's what, you may want to ask your doctor for this test. When diagnosed with em I tried a supplement specificly for this which made me extra tired so I stopped taking it. Hope this helps!

Thank you, I didn't realize there was a blood test, though I'm sure it has to be em, especially with my age. I will talk to my doctor about this. I have to see several of them soon anyway. I just really wonder about the frequency of the hot flashes, the near syncope feeling with them when standing and especially the tingling in my head. The only other time I ever experienced the tingling was when I was taking Midodrine to raise my blood pressure. Now, however, I'm taking a beta blocker. I'm also taking Provigil to wake me up (it is a medication for shift workers), which has helped immensely. It also has raised my blood pressure, though. Thank you for your reply! I will definitely ask about the blood test. I don't want to take more meds though, and don't want to make a big deal out of it because of that. I definitely can't afford to be more fatigued due to meds! :-)