To Volunteer, Or To Not Volunteer

So... I am being faced with a decision right now. I am trying to decide whether or not I want to sign up to volunteer in a position with a theater company. They are a professional company that preforms Shakespeare for our community. I have volunteered with them for the past three summers (maybe four, I can't remember right now), and I have always enjoyed it. I just started getting sick the last summer, so I didn't volunteer AS MUCH. I am planning to volunteer again this summer as long as everything works out.

However! They asked me if I wanted to be their parking attendant. To clarify, the parking attendant waits in the parking lot and collects the parking fee from anyone who comes in. They get paid $25 for 2 hours of work- which, for someone with absolutely no income right now, is very intriguing. My main concern is that it involves standing in a parking lot for two hours, possibly in the heat.

I am now forced to decide whether or not I will sign up to do that position once in a while. I believe I can still volunteer in less stressful positions, but they don't get paid. Do you think it's a bad idea to sign up? Or do you think I should try it out the first day and decide from there? Any input would be much appreciated, so thanks!

Volunteering is great. Paid position even better. Few hours... However, could you sit and can you keep hydrated. I think that we have to try these things. No one is the same and we won't know unless we try. No one can really tell us what to expect. With this being said, I wouldn't go to the other end of the spectrum and be a daredevil. The job fits with your passion and sink think it'll be beneficial in that way. Keep us posted