Moments Of Too Much Blood In Brain

Hey everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone else gets this; I'll have times, usually when I'm just getting up to stand from stitting for a while, or grabing something off the ground, or if I stand up quickly to grab something near by and then sit back down, I get where it almost feels like there's too much blood to my head for a few seconds, and my head really does not like it becasue I feel weird afterwards. Like just now I was sitting at my computer and I got up to grab my phone off my dresser and I sat back down, and its ilke my bodys normal delayed response to getting blood to my brain surged up just as I was sitting down at a point where I no longer needed that blood and my brain just felt very full for a few seconds and then went down, but it almost feels like a bit of a shock for my brain, like I image my blood vessels having not enough blood and then constricting, and then getting this big surge of it once my heart kicks in, more than they were expecting. And just for informations sake my TTT, showed that instead of adjusting to changes is posture immediatly my heart waits and then jumps that +35 points, but I'm sure this is common for most of us.

I have felt this way after being up for a long time and then lying down. I a not saying that it is, but it feels like I get sudden surge. It takes a bit to recover followed by a nasty headache.

One explanation for this particular experience of yours is that when you stand up, a massive amount of norepinephrine is being released, causing vasoconstriction and high blood pressure. When you sit or lye down again, it will take some time for your HR and BP to return to basline. Have you ever had a standing norephinphrine test? When I go from a standing to laying down position I always do it in steps.

This is why I encourage people to see themselves as having dysautonomia, instead of just POTS (if that is your diagnoses). POTS is just one presentation of dysautonomia.

Yea i've never had the standing norepinephrine test, just a few TTT. Right after i get these episodes of what feels like a sudden influx of blood to my brain i realize that i usually stood up or bent down, or a combination of the two, too quickly for my body. And yes I have POTS, but dysautonomia is probalby a better fit because i have alot more symptoms than just orthostatic related issues, thanks for the replys.

I get this all the time, just get up then sit down a bit like pressure goes in the head like forceful blood, its normal in us because our body vasoconstricts where it can to force blood up in an unnormal way and then we sit down it has to release the pressure, ugh why cant we be normal lol.

I sometimes get a pressure in my chest too.