Sleepy Time Juice

For mother's day, my husband got me a Breville Juicer Model BJE510XL/A. The reviews were really good and I wanted something that was easy to clean and take apart. It was ordered online and my husband was able to get a good deal.

Since Tyler had the 23 and Me testing done, I've learned much about B vitamins and their functions. I have learned that B-6 is helpful for sleep. The form P5P is most easily aborbed and is found in many fruits. So I found a website online about fruits and their B vitamin content. I started making a juice with the fruits that are high in B-6 and Tyler has been drinking this with other supplements before going to bed. He can really tell a difference in how he sleeps when he has it and when he is without it. So I wanted to share the recipe and share what supplements he is taking.

At night , Tyler takes magnesium citrate, GABA, probiotic, L-Lysine, and L- Theanine. He was taking the product True Calm but Taurine will raise Glutamate in the brain. So I no longer give him this product. He does still take the extended release clonidine but he was still a really light sleeper. With the juice, he seems to get into a deeper sleep. I can come down and check on him and not wake him up.

To make the juice I use, 2 mangos, 1/2 cup strawberries, 2 apples (red D's) and fresh pineapple ( about a cup). I do peel the apples because I cannot find organic. This makes more than a cup of juice. Whatever is left over, my husband and I drink the rest.

Tyler had his 2nd IVIG treatment and did much better this time. He did not react during the treatment. His white blood count was in the normal range before starting the treatment. When we got home, he did break out in a rash about 4 hours later but did not run a fever. This time the doctor ran saline through with the IVIG and the infusion rate was able to be raised to 50. so he still had an over night stay in the hospital but was done by 5 am in the morning. Since the rash keeps happening post treatment, our doctor is going to do post benadryl with saline. He is thinking that Tyler might not break out in a rash after he comes home. However, his headache and pain levels did get worse after 24 hours of treatment, which is the pits. This is a side effect of IVIG and his doctor is aware that this is happening.

Tyler has started on a gluten free diet. He started May 30th and so far so good. His cardiologist wants him to stick with it for awhile. So I'm hunting down the recipes and finding it's pretty easy to do. Hope everyone is having a good day and stay cool.

Thanks for the update. How's he doing now that he is past the 5 day window for post infusion flu and headache. He getting any energy boost or feeling better? That headache post infusion is just so much fun!! Sometimes I don't get it until the 4th day sometimes on day one. I haven't figured out yet why that happens.

Hmm I'm having trouble with poor sleep too! I'm homozygous mthfr, i wonder if the b6 might help me. The juicing is a good idea, you have a recipe that doesn't use mangos? I'm not a fan of those. Do you think just taking the active form of the b6 as a supplement might work just as good? I'm suppose to watch my sugar load. I am already taking methylfolate and methyl b12 for mthfr, but honestly the homozygous mthfr is the only test they did, so I don't know if I have other issues with the methylation process or not.

I do very much crave fruits and veggies often, I sometimes wonder if that is my bodies way of compensating for what it can't convert itself.

Wishing you both a good month.

Tyler came home on May 29th and his headache/pain levels went up 24 hours later. I asked him this morning if he could tell any difference in levels and he said it's about the same. I'm really hoping it's going to calm down in the next 48 hours. He is still drinking his 64 ounces of water along with other fluids.

I am also curious if the a B6 (P5P) supplement will also help with sleep. I have read that many people take it before going to bed and it does help with sleep issues. Avocados are high in B vitamins. In fact it's the highest around but Tyler does not like them.

I would really like to see an energy boost or something in Tyler. Anything that would make it easier to go back for that next treatment.

Tyler is on methylfolate, a methyl B-12 shot twice a week, a methy B-12 lozenge on days he does not have the shot, and I am going to add the B-6 (P5P) probably this next week. I finally found another place to order it from and I can split the tablet in half. There is another supplement that I want to add but I don't know too much about it. It's called Phosphatidyl Serine. I will be asking Tyler's cardiologist about this supplement. The 23 and Me testing has been very helpful in figuring out Tyler's methylation problems. Our cardiologist was glad that we went ahead and did this test with him.

Yes, Tyler has done the 23 and Me testing. I have gradually been adding supplements. He is a methyl user. I have never heard of doxepin. Tyler takes the extended release clonidine. This seems to work well for him until he gets sick with an infection. Then his sleep cycle gets messed up again. I will look up doxepin and see how it works with neurotransmitters. Tyler has high Norephrinphrine, Glutmate levels, and low GABA levels.

Yes, Tyler has done the 23 and Me testing. I have gradually been adding supplements. He is a methyl user. I have never heard of doxepin. Tyler takes the extended release clonidine. This seems to work well for him until he gets sick with an infection. Then his sleep cycle gets messed up again. I will look up doxepin and see how it works with neurotransmitters. Tyler has high Norephrinphrine, Glutmate levels, and low GABA levels.

Encephalitis or any other condition of chronic brain inflammation would be expected to cause high levels of excitotoxicty, due excess production of quinolinic acid. This can mimic high levels of glutamate. Take a look at the kynurenine pathway for more information. I'll see if I can't produce some links tomorrow.

This makes sense because on the neurotransmitter test my son had high levels of Kynurnic acid 22.1 (range was 10.6-19.7). If you find those links, I would like to look at the information. I have had a hard time finding the information. I will look up Kynurenine pathway again.