Anyone Had This Result?

IF, Serum Small monoclonal IgM lambda within the gamma fraction.

Consistent with MGUS, lymphoproliferative disease, amyloidosis, etc.

Suggest 24-hr urine Monoclonal Protein Studies.

Interpreted by Jonathan B. Hoyne, Ph.D.

Reviewed by Kirk Bourgeois, M.D.

(5/7/14 1:23 PM)

I should have made it more clear. If it makes you feel any better, I had to look it all up. I knew about these disorders (diseases), but the language was only vaguely familiar.

It is part of an immune essay I had done at Mayo this week. I have to go back for more testing and to see a hematologist (sp?).

I guess it is saying that I could have a related problem. The neurologist wants to investigate amyloidosis.

I have never seen amyloidosis mentioned here, but it can cause peripheral and autonomic neuropathy. Among other things.

I was wondering if anyone here had this test and this result.

This is heading into parts I intended to stay out of. My eyes start crossing when I read through this stuff.

Gjensen,

I don't know specifics, but I read up on a lot of the mayo testing quite a while ago. I know it sounds scary but this sounds like something they can address and is a possible underlying cause. I am pulling for you. This could be the answer to getting you better.

Katie

Katie, thank you. Like a lot of people here, I just want the truth. It is what it is, and I want to deal with whatever that is. Good or bad.

I do not know how accurate this testing is. I can't find anything that speaks to it's accuracy. It seams it is one of those it is or isn't tests. I did a little digging around, but I do not want to get speculating.

At least this go round, I am in front of a team that can do the figuring it out for me. I pushed it this far, and can let them do their jobs this time.

BigSky, I like Mayo. It is a machine, but it runs smooth.

Katie, thank you. Like a lot of people here, I just want the truth. It is what it is, and I want to deal with whatever that is. Good or bad.

I so agree with you on that re just wanting the truth. It is a mixed basket for me as I I'm sure it is for most everyone. Of course I don't want bad news but the truth and a cause would be relieving to my curious why why why brain. I have seemed to have gotten over the why me part but the scientific WHY still plagues me daily. God Bless and keep on rocking it out! It sounds like you have been a good advocate for yourself and like you said, it sounds like you have some good brains involved in your care now. I am curious to know the name of that test when ordered. I had A test done for amyloidosis but i can't remember what it was called. Was it a blood test I assume?