Why Are Sx Worse During Cycle?

Reproductive hormones affect everything. I posted a chart of the changes in repro hormones a couple of years ago. I'll see if I can find it again. The body preparing for potential pregnancy changes a lot of our physiology .....including vascular tone. I have an old textbook from my college endocrinology classes. We spent, by far, more time on repro hormones because they affect so many other systems besides just the repro organs.

Great link. My cardiologist said no surprise with cycles. Suggested a bb during that time. I have an ultrasound tomorrow. I'm on mirena for menorrhagia and still having wicked cycles after 1 yr. follow up with my gyn end of month. Ah the joys of being female. Guzzling my Gatorade. I started a gluten free diet a few weeks ago that has helped the gi sx with my cycle at the least

My Pots doc said that it is the drop in hormone levels that can affect our bodies ability to hang on to fluids. He said this after I asked him if pregnant women who crave things like pickles (salt salt salt) are doing so because their bodies are creating more blood volume for the baby. Lol. The more I read about all this stuff, the more I realize that this can get quite complicated re hormones, antibodies, allergies, blood volume, histamines, etc. etc.

I've been wondering about this too. I know women who have trouble with their pelvic floor (me) find it worse just before and during their period. I have been wondering what physical changes there are that seems to make the pelvic floor muscle weaker at that time? I'm rading the China Study at the moment (a nutrition book) one of the things it cites is evidence that a diet low in animals and high in plants lowers your levels of estrogen. This sounds like it would be beneficial to a person with POTS as the symptoms are worse when estrogen is high?

Hormonal changes effect the nervous system and immune system. I always had bad periods and my symptoms worsened over the years but I was able to pin-point my worst days and link it to my menstrual cycle. My BP/HR would be erratic, I would feel extra weak and 'fluey-headed. More nausea and dizziness. IBS much worse.

In latter years I noticed the neuropathic pain worst around these times although cyclic without periods and the pain doctor mentioned if I was on HRT, to which I said yes and he also alluded to the pro-oestrogenic effect. One GP wanted me to stop the oestrogen patches, although I had had a full hysterectomy and I explained that over a four month time-scale I had tried to come off them only to find that my pain worsened and she poo-pooed this and said I had to come off them. I told her about the HRT helping with the pain and what the pain consultant had said and she wasn't having any of it. Luckily I saw better GP's afterwards who understood.