off to London at last for testing

Hi everyone,

at long last i've been told I can go to London next week for 5 days of testing at the National Hospital of Neurology and Neurosurgery. Now, I know most of you are from across the pond, but is there anyone out there who knows what I can expect to happen during these five days (I've already spoken to Hayley, who's been and survived! :D ).

I don't know what tests I'm having except probably another tilt and some catecholamines. That's all I really know. But my Cardio here at home was under the impression that these tests could rule out a sinus node abnormality.

Anyone got any ideas? Or know anyone else that's been to London for the tests? I'm just a bit nervous, really. :huh:

Hi Persephone - My friend Dominique went to see Dr Mathius..is this who you are going to see? She spent a week there and went through a very thourough bunch of tests. She said they were really nice and knowledgeable...

She has to go back now for the rest of it..I guess they do the tests first and give a diagnoses, then you go back to review the tests and discuss treatment.

I will ask her more about it when I speak to her if you like.

From what I know it was a positive experience for her and she got many answers.

Hi Persephone - My friend Dominique went to see Dr Mathius..is this who you are going to see? She spent a week there and went through a very thourough bunch of tests. She said they were really nice and knowledgeable...

She has to go back now for the rest of it..I guess they do the tests first and give a diagnoses, then you go back to review the tests and discuss treatment.

I will ask her more about it when I speak to her if you like.

From what I know it was a positive experience for her and she got many answers.

Hi

Jenn- yes, I'm going to see Professor Mathias. If you could ask your frined Dominique about her week in London it would really help put my mind at rest.

How long has she waited for results?

Cheers

Px x

Congraduulation for making it throught the long wait!

I have never done but what I read about it is that the staff is nice and they have good testing tools.

I think they give you the result at the end of the week.

Good luck,

Ernie

Persephone - I sent you a private message... I will be speaking to Dom this week. and will ask her whatever you want.

I know she was very happy with the workup , and the hospital staff...she said it was extremely helpful and she came back with a lot of answers.