Lingering Cough And Doctor's Visit Tomorrow

So... about 3 weeks ago, I came down with a cold. It was pretty awful, but went away within just a few days. Unfortunately, this cough has stuck around now for three weeks. That's too long for me to be comfortable with, so I'm heading in to the doctor tomorrow. Feels like I'm just in and out of the doctors lately, because of POTS, mostly. And I just went in last week for a plantar wart... Ugh.

Anyways. Not sure what's causing this lingering cough, I just hope it's nothing too weird. Seems like everything is coming against me lately. Nothing can be simple.

I decided I wanted to try out a few essential oils before heading in to the doctor, as they would probably just prescribe an antibiotic, and I'd really like to skip those if at all possible, you know? I don't remember which oils I'm planning to try out, but I'll share those whenever they get delivered.

On a side note, does anyone have any experience with essential oils?

Could it be a vocal tic? My son has a vocal tic that will sound like a cough. He might cough 3 times in a row, then stop and cough 3 more times. It has a rhythm and it will repeat itself. He was diagnosed by an ENT.