Week One Without My Heart Rate Monitor

Bigskyfam

It's been one week since I took my monitor off and put my old watch back on. I've worn it since nov. I'm not on meds. I'm back to work a bit. I took off my monitor at work. I constantly looked at it and I think it might've raised it a bit adding to my anxiety. I have an app on my phone that I use to check it if I'm really symptomatic. I was curious how many of us wear these monitors? I'm sure I'll be swapping out my watches again. But it's nice for the moment. Still having flurries of episodes but handling them a bit better. Until my cycle at least

I wear one. It does not hold me back. I like to know if this worked or not etc.

It keeps me from getting out of line. If I try to do something, and I get feeling especially bad, I will check it. If it gets to 160 etc, I will back off. It is a tool, I guess.

I probably should be honest with myself, and say I can get checking it too often. it is good and bad. Mostly good, because I have learned a lot.

When all of this was first going on, and I started figuring it out, I checked my BP too often. I rarely ever check it now. I can tell where I am by how I feel. I am always close to right.

Gjensen you sound like a level headed person. I appreciate your comment. I agree with your comment about it being a tool.I wore mine continuously.. Stairs not good, shoveling snow. Not good. Even position changes and the kids driving me was interesting to note the heart rate changes. I'm better off at work without it. I work along with docs and nurses. So I guess that's the safest place to be... Even though they aren't cardiologists ;)