Does Antibiotics Raise Your Blood Pressure?

looneymom

I don't really understand this but maybe someone else can share their experience. I have been giving my son NAC, carnitine, and the B-12 shots. When I did this, my son's blood pressures were better 115/80-125/85. Now that I give an antibiotic, his blood pressures are very consistent and I have been able to cut his salt load from 10 grams to 5 grams. Do antibiotics help dialate the blood vessles? It's nice to be able to cut down on the salt but is this normal? This happened when my son was on the Azthromycian and now while he is on the Bixan. His blood pressures have even been more stable since he started the Bixan.

Rachel

Does anybody have clue? Starting yesterday, I had to give even less salt. This morning I gave him his midodrine and one gram of salt because his blood pressure was 108/85. I have not had to give him salt since this morning. He is salting his food and drinking his normal amount of water and gatorade. His blood pressures are staying up nicely.

Rachel

I just got a call back from our cardiologist. He said if blood pressues were good then don't add the salt. Just do the midodrine and only add salt when pressures top number goes below 110. Can't wait to see if this continues.

Rachel