Can't Take The Pain

houswoea

Houswoea,

What kind of pain is it you are experiencing? You have my empathy. So many of my parts hurt chronically, I don't even notice some of it anymore until something brings it into my consciousness and I'm like "Oh yeah...it still there just like an old friend." Except you want friends to stick with you forever. ...not your pain.

Have the doctors checked your D levels and B-12 levels? If you are in the normal range on the test but at the low end of the normal range then that might be your problem.

Tyler's D levels are 3 points from being in range. From research through POTS doctors, they suggest the better range for D is at the higher end. Mt son's test range was 45-100. The doctor wants to see his at 80 or higher because he does not get any sun. My oldest son got in trouble with his D levels last year and he could not stand to walk and was hurting all over.

Tyler's B-12 levels have also dropped and he was on a 100% complete B complex. He now takes a methylcobalamin B-12 shot which absorbs very easily into the body. Since this shot has been started, Tyer is more alert and has less fatigue during the day. I had know idea that some forms of B-12 are harder on the liver to break down. After doing some more research on this form of B-12, I learned about more of the symptoms in this type of defiency. Just because a blood test says you are in range does not mean that is a good level for your body to be at and feel decent.

One other vitamin defiencey that will cause a lot pain is low iron. I had a severe Iron defiency when I was in my teenage years. I was a runner and I had no energy. My legs hurt all the time and had a terrible headache. So you might need to get iron levels checked.

Rachel

When I was whining to my doc at my last appointment about my pain, he suggested trying magnesium and curcumin (turmeric) before trying yet another med. It has taken a bit of the edge off and I was all for not adding any more meds. There are quite a few studies out there supporting the use of these particular supplements.

And if you feel compelled to say it, say it.

What I experience is different than what you experience. I cannot relate. If I could take it and carry it for a while, I would. I wish that I could.

I wish there was something that I could say or do.

I will say to keep your head up. It will not always be like this, and you have to continue looking ahead.