Childrens Hospital In Milwaukee

JuneFlower

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with Dr. Chelminsky at the Children's Hospital in Milwaukee. She is a neurogastroenterologist who is an expert in Dsyautonomia. Someone from their program contacted me after I sent an email. They said they think my daughter would benefit from their testing and possible treatment. It's far from my home. And I still have to rule out Addison's. I am happy to have any comments about this place or dr.

June

Yes, my son saw her and her husband when they were in Cleveland at Case Western University Hospital. Through this whole ordeal, she has been my favorite doctor. We stopped seeing them in 2010 when we were able to find a local doctor. Her and her husband did all of my son's testing, and while my son was a hard case because nothing touched his nausea, they didn't give up on us. She, Dr Gisela Chelimsky, was very caring and gave me a big hug after one of my son's tests because she could tell I was emotionally exhausted. At our first appointment she looked my son straight in the eyes and told him this isn't all in your head. That is exactly what he needed to hear after several doctors told us he was depressed or anxious,etc... She really gets it.

If you do a search of 'Chelimsky' on here, you can probably find other posts about her.

Christy

Christy- Thank you so much for that info. I feel much better about considering a trip out there. After the Addison's test, we will make an appointment if my daughter isn't any better. The cardiologist got her b/p up to 85/48 and said that was all she could do and she should see a nutritionist and exercise. I think both of those things are great but my daughter is still nauseous with abdominal pain and headaches. And she is very pale and exhausted. She can barely get off the couch.

Thanks corina!

June