Pulse Pressure.

andybonse

Last few days ive had a episode lasting a hourish of bp 128/59 so a pp of 69.

Usually bp is 110-120/60-70.

My pp is always above 40.

Does this indicate vasoconstriction? I am starting florinef this week and wonder of it will balance the bp out and make the dialostic more normal.

Also when I went up the stairs hr went from 70 to 115 and bp was 113/77. So a pp of 36. How does this work physiology wise?

A number of conditions can cause wide pulse pressures. My first guess for a POTS patient would be vasodilation. Since it represents the change in pressure in between.

When I tried a beta blocker, along with a big drop in pressure, I had a much wider pulse pressure. I came to the conclusion it was the vasodilation from the beta blocker.

Did you get off of the midodrine, or do I have it wrong thinking that you tried it?

There is a lot of things that can cause wide pule pressures.

I was curious about midodrine for me. The concern was would it increase my bp too much? I have normal blood pressure, with episodes of high bp.

I want to try the florinef instead. All I am trying to accomplish right now is manage the head symptoms. That is what is holding me back.

I have been experimenting with licorice root, and I think it helped a little bit.