Positive Update!

SarahA33

Hi there everyone,

I hope you all had a nice new year. The holidays are over which is a relief for me..

A few posts ago I mentioned starting a medication, Verapamil (calan) for the bouts of SVT i was experiencing. It's actually helped and I rarely get episodes of that any longer since starting it.... it's a short acting 3x per day medication for me now. I don't mind the medication as long as the symptoms are under control.

I've increased the midodrine and that seems to be helping also. No side effects from the midodrine like when I first started it so that's a plus. I've been able to go 7 weeks now wtithout a trip to the ER for fluids so that is pretty positive. Normal is between 4-6 weeks. I also started a medication called meclazine, typically Rxed for Vertigo, and was given to me to take during the migraines since they cause a great deal of that. I've been starting to add that to my med reg and it seems to be helping a lot.. . I'm trying here guys..

You all have been there for me through some really rough times, so I thought I would update you on how I'm making improvements and doing okay. Im doing the best that I can, which is what all of us do on a daily basis, and trying really hard to figure out how I'm going to fit my pots into the rest of my future. I wish everyone a very happy new year and I hope that this year brings us all some peace and less setbacks. Thinking of you all :rolleyes:

Hi Sarah,

I'm so happy to hear of your perseverance and improvements. How wonderful that you are able to manage a full time job in spite of such significant challenges. Here's to a New Year of continued improvement. Take care not to push yourself too hard though.

Janet

So happy for you Sarah! Glad that you have found some medications that help. Finding the right treatment is the key to help get your body on track. Wishing you the best in 2014.

Rachel

gjenson,

I think acceptance is going to be an on going process for me. Meaning, I don't think I'll ever fully be able to accept that I am going to be dealing with this for "X" amount of years to come. But, I have to stop thinking about it so much, and am learning that I need to not be so hard on myself. I have learned in counseling how to start "catching my thoughts" so to speak, and then remind myself that I'm doing the best that I can.

The emotional effects and tole this has taken has been just as challenging as the physical elements.