Polar Loop - Hr Monitor

Tobiano

Does anyone have the new Polar Loop monitor with the HR strap? I have the Nike+SportBand with Polar Wearlink strap. I like the SportBand because it is small compared to other HR watches and I can easily flip between the time and my HR (I don’t like to focus on my HR all the time but like the option of checking if I sense it’s climbing). My SportBand is going glitchy again and so will need to be replaced soon but I’m having trouble finding a new one. Anyone have the Polar Loop? It looks pretty comparable and maybe even better. Thoughts? Thanks!

This may not help at all, I have't used the Polar Loop but I did recently purchase the Polar FT4 monitor to wear while working out and I really like it. I have only used it a few times so I can't say how good it's durability or how long it will last but I am pleased with it so far and it's from the same brand.

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Purple/dp/B005M1P85O/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1388531688&sr=1-1&keywords=Polar+T4

It looks like the polar loop doesn't monitor your HR itself but that you have to buy the H6 or H7 to go along with it? At least that's how I'm reading this site.

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-90047656-Loop-Activity-Tracker/dp/B00FEQ6TVO/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1388552203&sr=1-4

I personally have a polar FT4 which I have been wearing pretty much continuously when out of bed since I did my 2 day CPET testing in April and was told to stay below my anaerobic threshold at all times. Had to replace the battery in Sept. but other than that, it's been doing well overall. It was inconsistent while swimming this summer but otherwise, it's been pretty glitch free.

Just got a Fitbit for Christmas but the two don't sync so not a good option if you want that to happen.

Hi Chaos,

You have to buy a chest strap as well if you want the polar loop to monitor HR. Does the fitbit monitor HR? Do you need a chest strap?

I have seen good reviews for the FT4. I have the Suunto M2 for exercise. I wear the Nike+SportBand as my "everyday" HR monitor. Basically, I'm looking for something small that can go with dress clothes at work. I want a watch where I can easily flip between the time and my HR. I'll keep looking.

The fitbit itself doesn't but they have some way you can sync a HR monitor to it so you can track HR with it. The FT4 doesn't wync with it tho. And the FT4 definitely doesn't really work well with dress clothes for work probably. Guess it depends on what type of work you do. With my former job it would have worked fine, but in a more formal office setting, probably not.

Good luck. :)

I got the fitbit because one of my docs wanted his patients to get them so he could track their activity levels against medication changes, track "crashes" etc.