Second Opinions And Punching Pillows

PackersFan

Hey all,

Question for everyone. After being diagnosed with dysautonomia did you seek a second opinion? After years of Dr visits and the barrage of tests I get a TTT test done about 6 months ago and the electrophysioogist tells me I have dysautonomia (even though the TTT was fine until he made me put the nitro under my tongue...and I passed out/fainted). So we've gone back and forth on florinef because of my low blood pressure (which I've had my whole life and has never caused issues-plus I don't have POTS- just the other crappy symptoms). I was also found to have mitral valve prolapse. I'm just wondering if it's worth seeking out a second opinion to make sure the diagnosis is correct. I'm sure it can't hurt. My EP said he'd even send me to Cleveland Clinic if I wanted to get a Dr up there to take a look. Just not sure on what to do. Do I just buy the diagnosis and get on with the management of symptoms or what?! The more I read about mitral valve prolapse with dysautonomia the more I'm like "that's me". But this stupid illnesses is so broad and so many varrying symptoms your stuck wondering....is it something else????!!!!

Also, have you ever just had times where everything in your body tenses up and you just grit your teeth and feel like you need to just haul off and start punching something??!!! Is this what a panick attack or anxiety attack feels like? I was just having a normal night at home and BAM this feeling of tensing all my muscles and feeling like spazzing out hits me. It's happened a few times in the past 2 years and I just go punch a pillow or wait it out. Weirdest/scariest feeling!! Thoughts?

Hi PF,

I can't make a decision for you but I always feel better when I have more than one doc verify one of my many weird diagnoses.

As for the pillow punching, lack of blood flow to the brain can cause mood swings and any steroid including Florinef can cause mood swings too. So you may want to see if there is a pattern as to when this happens.