Why Would Florinef Cause Dry Mouth & Eyes?

Momof3boys

Everything I read about florinef says to notify your physician if you have symptoms of dry mouth and or dry eyes. My dr does not seem to think this is a problem. I drink 2-4 L of water daily with nuun tablets. Florinef did help, but I have stopped because the dry mouth was so bad & my eye doc was concerned with the level of dry eye. I've developed cataracts over the past year (I'm only 39) & really don't need more vision issues.

Recently added midrodine, which I definitely notice an improvement in energy. I'm also seeing an unacceptable increase in irritability with midrodine. I'm yelling at my husband and kids for dumb things. My cardio knows little about pots.

Why would florinef cause dry mouth & eye? Is that an indication of a different issue?

This is SO frustrating.

I hear your frustration! Florinef impacts sodium and water retention, which I assume contributes to this side effect. I would speak to your doctor about any concerns. Are there any other doctors in your area who might have more knowledge about POTS and meds commonly used for dysautonomia? Sometimes it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion. Take care and all the best.