Lexapro To Zoloft

lfreem02

I started taking Lexapro about a year ago, and have gained 30+lbs. The only time I have weighed this much was when I was due to have my daughter. I eat a plant based/whole food diet, and exercise regularly. So, if anything, I should be losing weight. My doctor has agreed to change me to Zoloft, which I am doing tonight. Has anyone else made this change? Any side effects without tapering off one SSRI before starting another one? I am guessing since they are in the same family of drugs the change should result in minimal side effects. Also, has anyone noticed a decrease in weight when making a change from Lexapro to another SSRI?

I had the same weight gain problem with Lyrica and stopped taking it. I taper off very slowly, and add very slowly. Hopefully that will make the transition smooth. Everybody deals with changes differently. I have found Zoloft to have the least side effects. As far as weight goes....that is tough...I also eat very healthy, exercise,and avoid bread and sugar. I have gone down in weight since stopping Lyrica, but not that much.....it is very frustrating. So many of these meds cause weight gain.